Monday, June 8, 2009

Alli's Chicken Pasta Salad

I often have school all day. And by all day I really mean all day; sometimes from 8 in the morning to 10 at night! I don't know how I do it or how my mind has the capability to be working for that long but good nutritious food really does help. I would usually resort to just grabbing some food from some greasy place but it's that icky feeling afterward that forced me stop my habits. I like making things like this pasta that's easy to transport and keeps well. But most importantly is yummy!
1. First, season your chosen veggies and roast them.
2. Next, add all of your ingredients into a large bowl.
3. Grab your favorite Caesar dressing (Ken's lite happens to be mine).
4. Add pasta, pour sauce, and toss.
5. Enjoy by the heaping spoonful!
6. Or grab a plate and be civilized!


Alli's Chicken Pasta Salad
Yields: About 10 - 15 servings


1 roast chicken
1 box of grape tomatoes
1 box of mushrooms (of your choice)
1 bunch of asparagus
2 tbsn. olive oil
1/2 - 3/4 cup of Ken's Lite Caesar dressing 
1 box of pasta (of your choice)
salt and pepper

Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box, making sure to salt your boiling water. Once the pasta is done, drain it and set aside. Cut your asparagus into thirds and slice your mushrooms and then place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle them with some salt, pepper and the olive oil. Bake for about 10 minutes or until your preference of done-ness. While that is cooking, remove the meat from the roast chicken and roughly chop or just shred with your fingers. Place it in a large bowl. Next add the cooked veggies and the drained pasta. Slice the tomatoes in half (or you could keep them whole) and toss them in. Start by adding 1/2 a cup of dressing and toss. If you want more dressing, just simply add some. Sprinkle with some more pepper and enjoy!

* This is a very loose recipe. It originally called for cucumbers, tomatoes, garbanzo beans and corn but I changed it up with my own favorite vegetables and you can do the same!

4 comments:

  1. How do you do all that and blog too? My goodness Michelle lol!

    Your pictures and pasta salad look just wonderful.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of mushrooms did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jacquie, I used cremini but white mushrooms would work well also :)

    ReplyDelete